Honor those who gave all in service to the United States today and everyday

AR-7 New Purchase

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

AR-7 New Purchase

Post by ChefDuane » Tue May 19, 2020 5:07 pm

Bought a AR-7 at Cabela's today. I'm putting together a bug-out bag and wanted a survival rifle to pack in it. I looked at the Ruger 10/22 takedown but it was just more than I wanted to spend. The AR-7 packs into the buttstock and only weights a few lbs. Its not a range toy or a plinker but a true survival rifle. Cabela's had it for $249 so $269.54 out-the-door. BUT (and what a big but it is) with a price match it came down $20 and with my Veteran Discount and some Cabela's Club bucks I had it came down to $212 and change out-the-door. A savings of $57. Not too bad. It has to be ordered so I'll have in a few days. Prolly fire it a few times to check it out and then in the BOB it goes.
3 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival
and lotsa' other guns.

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

Cofisher
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: AR-7 New Purchase

Post by Cofisher » Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Good choice dude. Not a man killer. But, everything else? Hell yeah. I’m with you buddy.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm

congrats .... I hope there is one in our future .... looking forward to your impressions as you get better acquainted with it .... be sure to add it to our community total at the link below

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 48#p136148
1 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Tue May 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks guys. My dad had one of the Charter AR7's years ago and the quality was terrible. Henry has brought that up significantly and this fit the bill perfectly. This will be a survivor squirrel killer and small game as needed bag gun. If the SHTF big time I have other toys to deal with the situation as required. ;)
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival
and lotsa' other guns.

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC